Saturday, September 27, 2008
If it's History You Want -
I like to see everything through a historian's eyes. This, in my opinion, is the best place on the earth to study study the history of technology - The British Museum in London. I spent a very hot day in June seeing treasures I'd read about all my life. I stood transfixed, despite the 90 degree temperatures inside, studying a letter written two thousand years ago by a Roman soldier to the folks back home. He was homesick and asked about his family. In many ways, nothing changes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I too have been to the British Museum in London, but fortunately it was no where near 90 degrees. The hottest it ever got(10 yrs ago)was in the 70's. I absolutely love England and hope to go back there someday with my daughter. My mother is from England. I have many relatives living in various parts of England and was fortune to stay with them. This afforded me a month of site seeing I will never forget.
Robert-
I just checked out the link to the British Museum in London. It seems amazing there. I'm sure I would love it. I could honestly spend hours in a bookstore just wondering around and exploring history, I'm sure that the British Museum would suck me in even more! My boyfriend is in graduate school for biology and his thesis is on columbian mammoths they found in Brunswick, Georgia. He actually found out through his research that the oldest columbian mammoth found was in that same area and is now located in the London. I'm guessing that it is in that Museum.
I knew that you would have a response that I didn't expect... This is great. I went to the website of the museum and.... WOW!!! I really wish that I could go and visit.. I am sure that I would have a wonderful experience. And yes.. that makes lots of sense; learning about technology through history.
Post a Comment