Friday, November 21, 2008
Winter Notes: Thinking About Web 2.0
As we reach the end of the semester we're also reaching the halfway point for the school year. One of my media centers goal this year is to create a higher profile of web 2.0 technology for our faculty. I'm working on a web 2.0 for teachers only - some sites can be shared with students and other are meant just to help teachers work on their own web 2.0 at home ( I'd say that some huge percentage of the Internet is blocked at school and that's not unusual). I've created a link to a best-of-the-web 2.0 site that includes education sites and a bit of everything else. But I've had a nagging thought: the teachers I work with aren't concerned much with web 2.0, or technology to the degree that I thought they were. Pencil and paper test still dominate the classroom. Professionally, NCLB looms. We don't have resources, the schools are too crowded, and even more budget cuts are coming. Is anyone else bothered by a similar bout of pessimism?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Pessimism is the appropriate word. We just lost one of our wonderful parapros from our media center and if our numbers do not go up by next year, we will loose several teachers and one of our media specialists(we have 2 at present). Everyone seems to be down -- either it is the economy, our administrator is retiring this week, or the subject of politics has everyone on edge!However,kudos to you for trying to keep your teachers informed about Web 2.0.
Post a Comment